Saturday, December 6, 2014

Seasonal Expressions Blog Hop


 Seasonal Expressions 1 Blog Hop
the excellent blog of Paige Dolecki
My highlighted delights from the Seasonal Expressions are the
 C1607 Someone Special stamp set (page 24)
X7193B Heartstrings paper Packet (page 9)
Z3018 Heart Embossing Folder (page 36)

The stamp set features some base and shade stamps.  I used Glacier ink for the bottom layer stamping and Crystal Blue ink over the top for my flowers.  To create the marbled look background on the Cricut shape from Art Philosophy, I started with Flaxen ink and the stamp in the middle on the right-hand side.  I stamped the first image on a piece of scrap paper lightening the ink.  Then I stamped and twisted the stamp to stamp again until the ink was gone from the stamp.  This process was repeated using both Glacier and Crystal Blue ink until my background was sufficiently covered.

One wonderful thing about our My Acrylix stamps is that you can cut them apart to position them however you wish.  That is what I did with the "For someone special" stamp here.  I stamped the sentiment in Crystal Blue Pigment ink then heat embossed using our Clear embossing powder.  Embossing intensifies the color and I would recommend this technique with our pigment inks to give you just the right look every time!
 

Thank you for stopping by!  Now continue on your journey to

6 comments: