Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shading the Pumpkin

At my very first Close To My Heart convention I learned a method of filling in outline stamps or shading solid stamps that elevated my artwork (at least I thought so).  This was called Quick Color and it is what I would like to share with you using the So Grateful stamp set, B1395 found on page 66 in our current Idea Book. ($9.95)
The process: Stamp the solid pumpkin in Sunflower on your project cardstock.




Stamp the pumpkin image on glossy cardstock or photo printing paper.  Using a cutting knife (Z1252, $4.95 and includes 3 blades) cut out sections of the pumpkin.  Since there were 6 pumpkin sections I made three templates with two sections cut out on each template.  Place the cut out template over the top of your project pumpkin.  Using sponge daubers (Z726 3 for $3.95)  slide across the template and bring color to your project first with Goldrush, then Autumn Terra Cotta inks.  The Goldrush will be taken more into the design and the Autumn Terra Cotta will be on the edge.

Your results will be a  beautifully shaded pumpkin with 3-D appearance.  Add a stem from the stampset and decorate your pumpkin with the curly vines and leaves.  This card used the Dreamin' paper packet.  Gorgeous!

If you would like further instructions or would like to place an order, please contact me at pajarrett@comcast.net.  This is a wonderful stamp set for all the Autumn and Thanksgiving times coming up.

Sharing with joy,
Pam J

1 comment: